Mr Guan Tay is an Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee arthroplasty, knee arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, and sports injuries.
Mr. Guan Tay MBBS; ProfCert CR,FRACS (Ortho); FAOrthA; is an Australian and international fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon located in Melbourne, practicing in the Eastern Suburbs and Bayside area.
Mr.Tay is passionate and dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for his patients. His daily practice is guided by the desire to improve each patient's quality of life. He endeavours to provide the optimal personalised care with compassion, professionalism and attention to detail.
Mr. Tay performs the following surgeries:
- Hip replacement surgery (THR): primary, complex and revision hip arthroplasty surgery
- Knee arthroscopy surgery including debridement, meniscectomy, single and multi-ligament reconstruction
- Knee replacement surgery, including “uni-knee” (partial), patello-femoral, total knee replacement surgery and revision knee replacement surgery.
- Patellofemoral stabilization procedures
- Sports injuries, Upper and lower limb fracture management
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – University of Melbourne (1997)
- Certificate of Clinical Research - University of Melbourne (2005)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Hip Arthroplasty Fellowship, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane (2010)
- Knee Arthroplasty & Reconstruction fellowship, Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Bristol, UK (2011-2012)
Mr. Tay has published in international peer reviewed journals, presented in state and national meetings and is a reviewer for the Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research (JOSR). He is committed to continual medical education, keeping abreast of leading edge technologies and his surgical practice is guided by evidence-based principles. Mr. Tay continues to teach future doctors and orthopaedic surgeons through his association with Monash University and his public hospital appointments.
(03) 8609 1988
(03) 9792 1180
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
CONSULTING & SURGERY LOCATIONS
Silk Specialist Suites
Take the first step.
1. Make the Call
Schedule a time with us to discuss your concerns.
2. Meet with Mr.Guan Tay
Gather your questions, x-rays, medical notes and bring it with you to your consultation.
3. Create your personal treatment plan
Mr.Guan Tay will provide a diagnosis and guide you through your personal treatment plan, explaining the steps and treatment options.
4. Review your progress
Follow up appointments organised to review your progress against the treatment plan.
Mr. Guan Tay consults at these locations
CALL (03) 8609 1988 FOR AN APPOINTMENT
1 Arnold Street, Box Hill, VIC 3128
Silk Specialist Suites
Level 1, 401 Blackburn Road, Mount Waverley, VIC 3149
355 Main Street, Lilydale, VIC 3140
262 Mountain Highway, Wantirna, VIC 3152
357 Blackburn Road, Mount Waverley, VIC 3149
All correspondence can be mailed, delivered or faxed to:
Level 1, 401 Blackburn Road,
Mount Waverley, VIC 3149
Fax : (03) 9792 1180
APPOINTMENT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS:
1. What to bring to your appointment
Please bring a referral from your GP or specialist; Medicare card and private health insurance details, and relevant x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, operation notes, etc
You are required to pay for your consultation on the day. Bank cheques, personal cheques, cash or credit cards (MasterCard, VISA) are all accepted. A receipt will be issued to you to claim a percentage of your consultation fee from Medicare.